The Seahawks may be off this weekend. But that hasn’t stopped the good folks at Pro Football Focus from compiling their usual weekly assortment of links and notes related to the Seahawks.
So here we go:
On the site this week:
– No Seahawks on the PFF Team of Week 11, but Russell Wilson and Red Bryant made honorable mention.
– James Carpenter and Max Unger found their way onto the Had a Bad Day Team, while Michael Robinson received a dishonorable mention.
– Interesting stat on Marshawn Lynch losing yardage in 32 Observations.
– Seattle maintains its hold on the 2nd spot in the PFF Power Rankings.
– The Seahawks’ O-Line is 3rd worst in the league at this point in our Ranking the 2013 Offensive Lines series.
– Find out how high the Seahawks placed in Third Phase: Ranking the Special Teams.
PFF Seahawks Stats
– Not known for his receiving, Marshawn Lynch has caught 24 of the 25 catchable balls thrown his way this season (only one drop).
– Zach Miller has struggled in pass protection. His Pass Blocking Efficiency of 91.3 ranks 31st of 38 qualifying tight ends.
– Still adjusting to his linebacker role, Bruce Irvin’s Run Stop Percentage of 5.4 ranks 27th of 37 outside linebackers in a 4-3.
– Walter Thurmond looks to be a more-than-worthy replacement for the injured Brandon Browner. Thurmond has given up just 0.82 Yards per Cover Snap on the season, good for 8th best In the league among corners. It also beats the 0.94 that Richard Sherman has given up. QBs have a 66.6 Passer Rating when throwing at Thurmond and 67.0 at Sherman.