– In Rick Drummond’s Pass Rushing Productivity: Team Defenses, the Seahawks came out on top in the rankings.
– This week’s Power Rankings finally saw Seattle move into the top spot by virtue of Denver’s loss.
– The Seahawks will have to deal with Saints’ Secret Superstar Akiem Hicks this Monday night.
PFF Seahawks Stats
– This game features two of the best Deep Passers in the league. Russell Wilson is tied for 4th most yards on deep balls with 702, going 22-of-39 with 8 TD and 2 INT.
– Marshawn Lynch leads the NFL in Elusive Rating at 72.7.
– Known more for his run stopping ability, Brandon Mebane also ranks 10th among defensive tackles in Pass Rush Productivity at 8.3.
– Solid recent performances by K.J. Wright have caused his coverage numbers to rebound. He is now back to 3rd best among 4-3 outside linebackers with 0.81 Yards per Cover Snap surrendered.
– While Earl Thomas has played at a high level this year, his nine missed tackles against the run tie him for the most among NFL safeties.
Upcoming Opponent: New Orleans Saints
– Drew Brees has thrown for 847 yards on Deep Passes, leading the league. He’s gone 21-of-53 with 11 TD and just 1 INT on such attempts.
– Perennially underrated Pierre Thomas ranks 9th among running backs in Elusive Rating with his mark of 51.0.
– The Saints offensive line has tied for 3rd in the league in Pass Blocking Efficiency with a team mark of 81.9.
– Akiem Hicks is the 3rd ranked 3-4 defensive end in Run Stop Percentage at 13.2.
– Although he makes plenty of tackles, Curtis Lofton’s 6.8 Tackle Efficiency places him way down at 45th out of 53 qualifying inside linebackers.