Here is the weekly compilation of notes and links from Pro Football Focus:
On the site this week:
- Michael Bennett made the PFF Team of Week 15, while Russell Okung and Max Unger received honorable mentions.
- Breno Giacomini was ‘dishonorably mentioned’ in the Had a Bad Day Team section this week.
- In 32 Observations, a case is made for Richard Sherman making the Pro Bowl.
- A dominant defensive performance keeps Seattle at the very top of this week’s Power Rankings.
- The Third Phase: Pro Bowl Edition reveals why deserving Seahawk Jeremy Lane won’t be heading to the Pro Bowl.
- Matt Claassen’s Between the Tackles two-part series examined how often different running backs ran inside and outside, and where they had more success. Marshawn Lynch had the 6th highest inside run percentage.
- This week’s Three to Focus On preview highlights some key passing game matchups.
PFF Seahawks Stats
- Russell Wilson ties for the 2nd highest Pressure Percentage (he’s pressured on 43.5% of dropbacks), but he’s only sacked on 18.2% of pressured plays, which ranks 11th. Wilson has also thrown 10 TDs to five INTs when under pressure.
- Doug Baldwin continues to excel, as he’s now racked up 770 yards receiving on just 66 targets. Wilson has a ridiculous 131.5 QB Rating when throwing to Baldwin.
- Bobby Wagner has seen his productivity against the run drop significantly from last season. His 9.3 Run Stop Percentage ranks just 22nd among inside linebackers and he has a negative run defense grade.
- He’s only seen 89 snaps in coverage, but so far Jeremy Lane has given up only 0.53 Yards per Cover Snap and a QB Rating Against of 56.3. It’s a small sample size, but those numbers compare more closely to Darrelle Revis than anybody.
Upcoming Opponent: Arizona Cardinals
- Carson Palmer has had only 3.0% of his passes dropped by receivers this season, lowest rate among qualifying QBs. However, he’s thrown 17 interceptions as well, so defenders don’t seem to be dropping the ball either.
- Andre Ellington has the highest Elusive Rating in the league now at 77.0 as well as the highest Yards After Contact Per Carry at 3.52. He figures to be a focal point of the Seahawks defense.
- When these teams met in week 7, Larry Fitzgerald caught just two passes for 17 yards and had an interception thrown on a pass intended for him. Fitzgerald has dropped just one pass out of 74 catchable balls all season, and has the lowest Drop Rate of any WR at 1.35.
- John Abraham can still get after the quarterback, as evidenced by his 11.7 Pass Rush Productivity. He’ll face off with Russell Okung in an intriguing one-on-one matchup.