Here is the weekly set of notes, links and observations from Pro Football Focus, including its preview of Sunday’s game:
On the site this week:
- No Seahawks on the PFF Team of Week 17, but Breno Giacomini and Brandon Mebane both made honorable mention.
- Seattle once again dodged the Had a Bad Day Team, despite the loss to Arizona.
- Six Seahawks made the PFF Pro Bowl Team. Two offensive, two defensive, and two special teamers.
- Somewhat in the holiday spirit, this week’s 32 Observations focus on receiving, with Golden Tate highlighted.
- Despite the loss, Seattle maintains their hold on the top spot in the PFF Power Rankings.
- Doug Baldwin ranks 8th among 59 qualifiers in Yards Per Route Run out of the slot at 2.02.
- Cliff Avril’s Pass Rush Productivity of 11.1 places him 8th best among 4-3 DEs. Almost all of his pressure has come when he has lined up on the left side.
- Opposing QBs have just a 59.6 Passer Rating when throwing into Byron Maxwell’s coverage. That mark puts Maxwell 4th among 110 qualifying corners. Teammate Richard Sherman tops the list.
Upcoming Opponent: St. Louis Rams
- Zac Stacy’s 2.54 Yards After Contact per Attempt places him 13th in the league among 52 qualifiers.
- Robert Quinn has a Pass Rush Productivity of 15.8 to lead all 4-3 DEs by more than two points. Quinn’s 90 total pressures lead all players regardless of position.
- James Laurinaitis has underwhelmed as a run defender this year by earning a negative grade and ranking 21st among inside linebackers in Run Stop Percentage at 8.6.
- Opposing QBs have a Passer Rating of 109.4 when targeting Janoris Jenkins. He has given up six TDs and recorded just one interception this year. The rating places him near the bottom of the league (95th out of 110 corners).