Here we go with the weekly grades and notes from Pro Football Focus:
Marshawn Lynch made defenders miss all day on his way to the PFF Game Ball in this week’s Refocused.
- Five different offensive players graded in the red for run blocking, including 4-of-5 starting O-Linemen.
- Marshawn Lynch had his second-highest grade of the season, racking up yardage despite below average blocking in front of him.
- Michael Robinson played only 11 snaps at fullback, but managed to achieve a high run blocking grade in his limited opportunities.
- Percy Harvin played 19 first-half snaps before being knocked out of the game with a concussion. Harvin was making a solid contribution before his exit.
- Very quiet day from Russell Wilson, going 9-of-18 for 103 yards overall. His QB Rating stayed between 65 and 70 regardless of whether or not he was pressured or blitzed.
- Beast Mode did engage as Lynch forced a ridiculous 13 missed tackles. Lynch picked up 140 yards and two TDs on 28 carries, including 96 yards after contact. He was basically unstoppable.
- A mixed bag of performances this week, as seven defenders graded in the red, while six graded in the green.
- Michael Bennett made an enormous impact in both the running and passing game. He got in on a sack with Cliff Avril, forced two fumbles, had five hurries, and made four stops. It was Bennett’s highest-graded game all year.
- Huge day for Kam Chancellor as well. Excellent against the run and in coverage, Chancellor made seven tackles, had four assists, and two stops. More on his coverage in a moment.
- Richard Sherman was targeted just once, and that was an incompletion intended for Lance Moore.
- Walter Thurmond saw just two targets, allowing one catch for nine yards with a pass defended.
- Earl Thomas allowed 72 yards and a TD on 3-of-5 in his direction, but 52 of them came on a pass he deflected right into Robert Meachem’s arms. Thomas was in the right place at the right time basically all game and had two passes defended, so he still graded positively. He did plenty to keep Jimmy Graham a non-factor.
- Kam Chancellor teamed up with Thomas to keep Graham from making an impact. He was thrown at seven times, with three completions for 15 yards. Chancellor knocked away two passes.
- Marshawn Lynch’s huge day meant a 153.7 Elusive Rating and 3.43 Yards After Contact per Attempt.
- Cliff Avril’s five total pressures in 27 pass rushes (1 sack, 1 hit, 3 hurries) gave him a Pass Rush Productivity of 14.8 in the game.