Follow us:

Seahawks Blog

The latest news and analysis from all angles on the Seahawks.

January 17, 2014 at 3:08 PM

More news and notes from the locker room

Here are a few more news and notes from the Seattle locker room:

— Linebacker K.J. Wright said he doesn’t expect to start against the 49ers but will be able to play.

“It’s been a solid week for me,” he said. “Everything felt good for the most part so I’m going to come out there. Whatever they ask me to do I’ll be able to do it.”

Wright said he is “not 100 percent” but that “at the same time I will be football ready. It’s the NFC Championship, the stakes are high. I’m going to have to suck it up and play.”

Wright, who said he had a screw put into the foot, said he was excited to be able to make it back, saying “I can’t let this opportunity get away from me. I made sure I worked my butt off to get back.”

— One of the surprises of last week was the decision to make left guard James Carpenter inactive, with rookie Michael Bowie getting the start, instead. Carpenter and Paul McQuistan had been essentially rotating at left guard all season, other than when McQuistan had to fill in at tackle.

Carpenter, though, could be active this week and says he is ready to go if called on this week against a 49er team against whom power running — Carpenter’s forte as a blocker — could be vital.

As for handling sitting out last week, Carpenter said: “It was difficult. Every player wants to play and stuff. But it wasn’t my call and I just all week tried to help the D-line and linebackers so we can win.”

—  New Orleans safety Rafael Bush was fined $21,000 Friday by the NFL for his helmet-to-helmet hit on Harvin in the first quarter of Saturday’s Divisional playoff game. Harvin left briefly to be evaluated for a possible concussion, then after being cleared returned to the game, only to suffer a concussion on a play in the second quarter when his head hit the turf after he was hit by safety Malcolm Jenkins.

Bush was penalized on the play, a 15-yarder that kept alive a Seattle drive that ended in a field goal.

Harvin was not available for comment. But fellow Seattle receiver Doug Baldwin said he did not think the Saints were targeting Harvin or any of the Seahawk receivers.

“I don’t think  there is any ill intent,’’ he said. “That was just opportunities that they had. … I don’t think anything was malicious.’’

Carroll also earlier in the week that he did not have an issue with either hit, calling each play “legitimate.’’

— RB Marshawn Lynch talked to the media again for a few minutes — I’ll pass that along a little later.

0 Comments

COMMENTS

READER NOTE: Our commenting system has changed. Find out more.

No personal attacks or insults, no hate speech, no profanity. Please keep the conversation civil and help us moderate this thread by reporting any abuse. See our Commenting FAQ.


Advertising
The Seattle Times

To keep reading, you need a subscription.

We hope you have enjoyed your complimentary access. Subscribe now for unlimited access!

Subscription options ►

Already a subscriber?

We've got good news for you. Unlimited seattletimes.com content access is included with most subscriptions.

Subscriber login ►
The Seattle Times

To keep reading, you need a subscription upgrade.

We hope you have enjoyed your complimentary access. For unlimited seattletimes.com access, please upgrade your digital subscription.

Call customer service at 1.800.542.0820 for assistance with your upgrade or questions about your subscriber status.

The Seattle Times

To keep reading, you need a subscription.

We hope you have enjoyed your complimentary access. Subscribe now for unlimited access!

Subscription options ►

Already a subscriber?

We've got good news for you. Unlimited seattletimes.com content access is included with most subscriptions.

Activate Subscriber Account ►