It was a busy day for the Seahawks, receiving an escort and sendoff a president would enjoy. Their day started in Renton, where they proceeded to SeaTac. There, they were greeted by thousands of fans to say goodbye to the team as they were headed for New Jersey.
Right after 4 p.m. in Seattle, the team arrived at Newark Liberty International Airport. Here is a video of the Seahawks getting off their plane after the flight, courtesy of Genevieve Alvarez. Here’s our photo gallery, which starts with the team in SeaTac and ends with their arrival in Newark.
Before the Seahawks arrived, the AFC champion Denver Broncos landed in Newark. Here is a recap of what they had to say, including the health of kicker Matt Prater and Peyton Manning’s future after this season.
Here are links to stories from Bob and Jayson Jenks and a column from Jerry Brewer…
- Bob Condotta gives a history of the rivalry between the Seahawks and Broncos, which started in 1977 in the AFC West.
- Bob’s story on defensive end Cliff Avril, who couldn’t help but smile upon arriving in New Jersey for the Super Bowl.
- Bob’s notebook on the Seahawks’ arrival, leading with Richard Sherman remaining front and center as the Super Bowl media frenzy begins.
- Jayson Jenks’ story on young stars Earl Thomas and Russell Wilson being two of the Seahawks’ leaders.
- Jerry Brewer wrote a column about Pete Carroll coaching in the Super Bowl in the stadium of the team he coached during his first stint as an NFL head coach.
- Angel Gonzalez analyzes how players could cash in on impressive playoff performances through endorsement deals.