While some say Media Day at the Super Bowl is just a show, our team in New Jersey was once again quite productive.
- The biggest story was Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch. He is known for his lack of enthusiasm about speaking to the media, so Media Day obviously wasn’t something he was interested in. Lynch spoke for just over six minutes, and left everyone wanting just a bit more.
- Percy Harvin sounded like he was confident he was 100 percent and was ready to play a big role in Sunday’s game. Fellow wide receiver Golden Tate was quite the attraction. He wore Google Glass and had a GoPro camera attached to his hat while talking about many topics, one being his impending free agency.
- General manager John Schneider admitted to praying that Russell Wilson fell to the Seahawks in the 2012 NFL Draft.
- Joshua Mayers is covering the Broncos for us this week. His first day on the job in New Jersey was obviously the most hectic one in terms of coverage. Here’s are notes he gathered from the Broncos’ portion of Media Day on Tuesday morning.
Here are our stories for Wednesday’s paper from New Jersey:
- Jerry Brewer believes Richard Sherman handled himself very well at Media Day.
- Only four Seahawks are left from before the hiring of Pete Carroll. Bob Condotta talked to two of them about the time before Pete.
- Jayson Jenks writes about how this Super Bowl could make Russell Wilson into a star outside of Seattle.
- Golden Tate has not thought about his free agency after this season.
- Broncos head coach John Fox spoke about the health scare he went through earlier this year.
- Joshua Mayers’ Broncos notebook leads with players talking about a painful past ahead of the Super Bowl.
- Did the fans that paid to go to Media Day enjoy their experience? Jack Broom talks to them about it.
- Geoff Baker reports on how the NFL is cracking down on counterfeit merchandise being sold.
Here’s our featured media from the day:
- John Lok was at Media Day to compile our photo gallery.
- Genevieve Alvarez produced a video from Media Day of center Max Unger, who has a special message for the 12th Man back in Seattle.
Here’s a few more pictures from Genevieve’s Twitter account.