Here’s a press release from the NFL Players Inc., licensing and marketing subsidiary of the NFL Players Association, listing the 25 players whose merchandise is currently selling the most. As you can read, Seattle QB Russell Wilson is now at the top, with Marshawn Lynch ninth and Richard Sherman 11th.
RUSSELL WILSON OUTSELLING PEYTON MANNING ON NFL PLAYERS INC. TOP 25 PLAYER SALES LIST
– Rankings include all retail products sold online and via traditional retail outlets by NFL Players Inc. licensees –
WASHINGTON D.C., January 30, 2014 – The competition between Russell Wilson of the Seattle Seahawks and Peyton Manning of the Denver Broncos has moved beyond the field and into retail. Wilson, in his second year in the NFL, ranks No. 1 on the NFL Players Inc. (NFLPI) Top 25 Player Sales List, based on total overall retail sales from September-November 2013. Manning ranks third on the list behind San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick.
The list, to now be released quarterly by NFLPI, the marketing and licensing arm of the NFL Players Association, is based on total overall sales of all licensed products from online and traditional retail outlets as reported by more than 65 NFLPI licensees such as Nike, VF Imagewear, Fanatics, Outerstuff, Panini, Topps, Fathead, TMP International, Oyo Sportstoys, and Photo File.
Rounding out the top 10 are Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III (No. 4), New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady (No. 5), Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (No. 6), Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt (No. 7), New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees (No. 8), Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch (No. 9), and Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck (No. 10). Five players – Wilson, Manning, Lynch, Seahawks defensive back Richard Sherman (No. 11) and Broncos wide receiver Wes Welker (No. 14) – among the top 25 are competing in the Super Bowl.
The complete top 50 player sales rankings are attached.
NFL Players Inc. Top 25 Player Sales Rankings:
- Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks
- Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco 49ers
- Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos
- Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins
- Tom Brady, New England Patriots
- Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
- J.J. Watt, Houston Texans
- Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
- Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks
- Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts
- Richard Sherman, Seattle Seahawks
- Clay Matthews, Green Bay Packers
- Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings
- Wes Welker, Denver Broncos
- Victor Cruz, New York Giants
- Eli Manning, New York Giants
- Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins
- Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions
- Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys
- Jason Witten, Dallas Cowboys
- Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots
- Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers
- Jamaal Charles, Kansas City Chiefs
- Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers