Today was the last time anyone from either the Broncos or Seahawks were available to the media ahead of the Super Bowl on Sunday. Both head coaches spoke in New York City on Friday morning.
Bob Condotta put together his weekly post featuring a preview of this weekend’s Seahawks game from Pro Football Focus. Go inside the stats and see what both teams have done well this postseason ahead of the Super Bowl.
Pete Carroll and John Fox talked about how their teams will match up on Sunday and how they have overcome challenges to get to where they are in their respective careers. Ken Lambert produced a video of the two that you can view here. Bob has a quick post specifically on Carroll talking about how the Seahawks have been preparing for this situation for a long time.
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell held his annual press conference from the Super Bowl city on Friday, too. Goodell discussed a variety of topics, including attracting different demographics and possible sites for future Super Bowls.
On Friday afternoon, Bob and columnist Larry Stone hosted our second live chat from the Super Bowl this week. Read a transcript of The Blitz here.
A new and unique part of the week leading up to the big game is Super Bowl Boulevard. This video, courtesy of our multimedia team in New York, give you a look into how fans are enjoying the 13 blocks of Times Square that the NFL has taken over.
Here are our stories that will appear in Saturday’s paper (will be updated throughout the night):
- Safety Chris Maragos could have tested the free agent market last offseason. Instead, he took a pay cut to stay in Seattle because the Seahawks gave him the best chance to win a Super Bowl.
- Pete Carroll and John Fox were playful as they shared the podium on Friday morning with the Lombardi Trophy.
- Former Seahawks offensive tackle Walter Jones will find out Saturday night if he is elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He looks to be a good bet to make it in.
- Backup quarterbacks B.J. Daniels and Brock Osweiler are quite different, but are doing their best on their respective team’s scout-team.
- The Broncos’ defense is bracing for the Seahawks’ ‘dual threat’ quarterback, Russell Wilson.
- Larry Stone: Richard Sherman is just the latest to talk a good game.
- Jerry Brewer: Pete Carroll has made the Seahawks better by offering second chances to those willing to work.