October 3, 2014 at 9:10 AM
Here is the weekly batch of links and stats from Pro Football Focus previewing the upcoming game:
PFF Content Release Week 5
Seattle Seahawks at Washington Redskins
PFF All-Star Team: First Quarter with Honorable Mentions Marshawn Lynch, Bobby Wagner, Earl Thomas, and Jon Ryan.
32 Observations makes its return after a week off and features a tidbit on each starting quarterback in the league
Giants at Redskins ReFocused article analyzing last Thursday’s game
- Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson is tied for first in average Time in the Pocket to throw at 3.08 seconds (ironically the other QB with the same duration is Colin Kaepernick). Wilson also has the highest average Time to Pass Attempt duration at 2.81 seconds.
- Wide receiver Percy Harvin has lined up in the slot 84.1% of all snaps, seventh-highest in this group (minimum 25% snaps played). His 84.6 Catch Rate in the slot is eighth-best.
- Seahawks Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril rank third and fourth, respectively, in Pass Rush Productivity for 4-3 defensive ends (min. 50% snaps played)
- Seahawks safety Earl Thomas is third of all safeties in Yards Allowed per Coverage Snap (number of yards allowed while in primary coverage relative to how many snaps played in coverage)
- Redskins running back Alfred Morris is 12th in Breakaway Percentage and his six 15+ yard runs is third-most of all running backs.
- Redskins linebacker Ryan Kerrigan ranks second in Pass Rush Productivity for 3-4 outside linebackers (min. 25% snaps played)
- Redskins linebacker Brian Orakpo is sixth in Run Stop Percentage for 3-4 outside linebackers (min. 50% snaps played)