It’s a Friday that’s really a Thursday for the Seahawks as they continue preparations for Monday’s game at Washington.
But then it’ll be a Saturday that feels something like a Saturday as the team will practice in Renton and then hop a plane for Washington. Seattle will have Sunday to get acclimated and then play Monday night, a game set for an 8:30 p.m. start in Washington (5:30 p.m. here).
So yes, what I know to many feels like a looooooooong time without football is nearing an end.
On to some links. …
1. Jayson Jenks with some really good stuff breaking down Marshawn Lynch’s season to date, including some revealing comments from former Seahawk Michael Robinson.
2. Times columnist Jerry Brewer says the Seahawks’ season is about to hit overdrive (though I hope they also don’t hit Bachman-Turner).
3. The Seahawks remain at the top of most NFL power rankings.
4. ESPN’s weekly preview of the game.
5. Seahawks,com wraps up some of what Washington coach Jay Gruden had to say about Seattle on Thursday.
6. The Associated Press notes how deceiving are many of the stats put up by Washington so far.
9. Off-topic, but there’s good stuff here from MMQB on the future of the NFL in London.
10. Finally, Washington linebacker Brian Orakpo continues to deal with a troublesome finger. And here’s more detail on Washington’s injuries.
Brian Orakpo said he's been trying different protective devices on his troublesome middle finger, and he'll wear the best fit on Monday.
— Zac Boyer (@ZacBoyer) October 3, 2014