November 3, 2014 at 11:12 AM
Here is the weekly recap of the game from ProFootballFocus.
As you will see, really high grades for J.R. Sweezy, Richard Sherman, Marshawn Lynch, K.J. Wright and Jermaine Kearse on special teams, and some details on the struggles of Russell Wilson.
PFF Week 9 Gradebook
Oakland Raiders at Seattle Seahawks
- Right guard J.R. Sweezy with a career-high +3.8 overall grade. Not only did he lead all RGs this week in overall grading, but his +3.9 run blocking grade was double that of the next RG.
- Russell Wilson adds to his red grades on the year making it five of eight weeks registering a season-low -3.0 in Week 9.
- Partly due to Wilson’s bad performance, Kevin Norwood was the only wide receiver who graded (barely) in the positive (+0.7).
- Wilson attempted six passes over 20 yards but only connected on one of them. Coming into this game, he had thrown deep 19 times in seven games.
- On the year, Wilson has a cumulative -6.8 grade on passes between 0-9 yards.
- Wilson saw pressure on 44.7% of his dropbacks, just above his season-average of 42.1%. Unfortunately his accuracy under duress this week (58.3%) was more than 10 percentage points lower than his season average (69.0%).
- Marshawn Lynch tied for the most missed tackles with week (4). On the year he is third on that list behind DeMarco Murray (47) and Arian Foster (34).
- Fellow backs Christine Michael (2) and Robert Turbin (1) also contributed to missed tackles. Both had a season-high rushing yards.
- Following the theme of season-high/lows, Lynch earned a +3.6 overall, his best of the season. His +2.5 receiving grade tied his career-high (2008 when he was with BUF). He caught all five of his targets.
- The receiving core as a whole dropped four passes, second-most for any team this week.
- Targets: Kearse 7, Richardson/Baldwin 6, Willson 4
- Defensive ends Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett both with solid games. Their +3.8 and +3.6 put them top-5 for DEs this week. Bennett’s seven hurries were tied for the most this week (NO Galette).
- Linebacker K.J. Wright made nine stops yesterday, the most for 4-3 OLBs.
- Welcome back to Richard Sherman who earned a career-high +5.3 grade. Both his overall and coverage grades were best among all corners this week.
- DeShawn Snead had trouble with Raiders tight end Mychal Rivera allowing both his TD catches. Overall he gave up seven receptions on eight targets as the primary coverage man.
- Jermaine Kearse had a nice game on special teams (all on kickoffs) with a +2.5. It is also the highest grade for anyone on kickoffs this week.
- Wilson had the second-lowest Yards In Air without drops at 37 yards on 17 completions. His %YIA was the lowest for any QB this week.
- Wilson’s receivers had the third-highest Drop Rate this week at 11.4%.
- Lynch had the most receiving yards for running backs this week and as a result came in second in Yards per Pass Route Run at 4.43.
- As mentioned above, Wright had a great game and earned a ridiculous 31.3% Run Stop rate.
- Sherman and fellow corner Tharold Simon both finished top-8 in Yards per Coverage Snap for this week.