The Seahawks are taking the day off before returning to practice on Wednesday. So there’s no media access to the team today. But we’ll try to pass along a few things throughout the day — and obviously any news that might break.
For now, a few links. …
- And we’ll start with one little bit of news that broke this morning — that the Jets also plan to talk to Seattle offensive line coach Tom Cable when they come to town this weekend to interview Dan Quinn. ESPN is among many reporting that this morning. I had this update on Quinn and his interview with the Jets this weekend for the paper today.
- Cable is one of at least three others the Jets will interview, according to all kinds of reports, such as this one. As you can see, one of the candidates is former Houston head man Gary Kubiak.
- For our story for today’s paper, I tried to put into perspective some of Seattle’s defensive numbers for this season
- Hugh Millen with another good analysis of what happened Sunday.
- Seahawks have a chance to be pretty healthy for the playoff games.
- A little interview with Marshawn Lynch’s mom, who says he’d just rather not talk to the media.
- Seahawks.com with more on the team’s defense.
- And I like these four-angle looks at some of the key plays from Seahawks.com.
- ESPN’s Terry Blount wonders if these Seahawks might be better than the 2013 version.
- John Clayton says the Cowboys might be the biggest obstacle for the Seahawks.
- NFL.com’s Bucky Brooks says the Seattle offense remains an enigma.