We go back to last Saturday’s win at Toronto FC for the stars of the day.
1. Freddie Ljungberg – In his first start, scored a goal that he set up, dribbling up the middle, passing to Nate Jaqua and getting the ball back from Jaqua for the easy finish. It was his first MLS goal, and Ljungberg played 75 minutes before leaving with a knee injury.
2. Nate Jaqua — Assisted on the first goal, then his shot and the subsequent deflection and rebound gave Steve Zakuani a chance to put it away for his first MLS goal.
3. Steve Zakuani — Rookie nets first goal just before halftime.
4. Kasey Keller — Three saves and came up big when needed. Ran clean sheet streak to 270 minutes.
5. Jhon Kennedy Hurtado — Defender came to the aid of his teammate, Osvaldo Alonso, during a scrap in the first half and got a yellow card for pushing Dwayne De Rosario of Toronto FC. But at least Hurtado showed some heart and grit and offered a glimpse at the chemistry of the team, one man backing up a teammate.