The name Blaise Nkufo showed up all over my Google Alerts feed on Sunday, as the FC Twente forward has been linked with a summer transfer to Seattle.
Obviously the soccer world is always flooded with rumors left and right. This one appears to have some legs, and a bunch of people picked up the story, but we’ll see what happens. As a guy at a big club with international experience, he’s certainly worth keeping an eye on.
Anyways, let’s get to some links and notes:
- The Houston Chronicle canceled Glenn Davis‘ column for budgetary reasons. Certainly not what you like to see in the industry. I wish him luck.
- Around the league, ex-Arsenal forward Paul Dickov, 37, has earned a trial with Toronto FC. The New York Red Bulls will be hosting an online auction for Haiti relief.
- I’m a sucker for USMNT news and updates on American internationals abroad. If you are too, Freddy Adu scored his first goal at his new club (Aris in the Greek league), Jose Francisco Torres had an incredible free-kick goal for Pachuca and, lastly, Jozy Altidore is looking for a permanent move to Hull City.
- In some notes from across the pond: here’s the FA Cup draw for the sixth round (which could pair Chelsea and Manchester City in the quarterfinals), Cristiano Ronaldo won’t rule out a return to Manchester United, Real Madrid star Karim Benzema could also be headed to Old Trafford and, finally, Togo is reaching out to EPL stars to help appeal its ban from the All Nations Cup.
- Did you know there’s an FC Seattle in Sierra Leone?
- Also, L.A. Times soccer expert Grahame Jones takes Sepp Blatter to task for some of his recent comments.
- Lastly, a video of one of the best non-goals you’ll ever see.