After Monday’s training I got some time to talk to goalkeeper Terry Boss, who’s back from his ankle injury and solidly the backup in net. I wasn’t able to get this extra quote in the story, so I wanted to post it here.
* * *
(What’s the relationship like between the goalkeepers considering the amount of injuries your group has had already this preseason?)
The one thing I love about playing here is what a tight-knit group our goalkeeping unit is – from Kasey (Keller) to Tom (Dutra), our goalkeeper coach, Chris (Eylander) and I, and Derby (Carillo). We’re all extremely close. No one likes to see anyone hurt, and we’ve all been there so we all know what that person’s going through. We keep encouraging people to get back as soon as possible.
* * *
Nice guy. Until you’re going after a ball he wants, in which case, advantage Boss.
Let’s get to the links:
- Here’s another translated interview with incoming prospect Miguel Montano. Also, the legend of the Blaise Nkufo could grow now that the Swiss forward is healthy again and back in action.
- Word is a new MLS website is on its way. So continues the trend of insider journalists.
- Around the league, Montreal is continually hopeful it will get the next franchise. The Galaxy issued a statement on the David Beckham injury. Also from L.A., AEG chief Tim Leiweke thinks a player strike would be a mistake.
- USMNT news: the team will play Australia in a World Cup tuneup June 5th and a U-20 prospect signed with Miami FC.
- Internationally, Guus Hiddink will coach Turkey and not Ivory Coast. Finally, Paraguayan forward Salvador Cabanas, who was shot in the head a couple months ago, provided an update on his recovery.
For some video entertainment, I’ve provided some of the best and some of the worst.
1. Some of the best individual skill from last week.
2. The worst penalty-kick decision ever. Though the ref changed it later.