Coach Sigi Schmid was the only one expected in training (from a media perspective) that wasn’t there on Monday. He had a previously scheduled appointment and will be back Tuesday.
Tye Perdido is no longer training and is back at Gonzaga working to get his degree. He could join the team again in a couple months. Everyone else was accounted for, though Roger Levesque was hard to spot after getting a haircut and shaving the beard.
The team warmed up and did some small scrimmage work. There was a little PK action going on also. The recovering Taylor Graham (hamstring) and Nate Jaqua (lower abdomen) were in the mix and even Chris Eylander (finger) was doing more work on the side. At one point Jaqua had a finish that drew a “Whoa!” reaction from the media contingent.
Word out of camp is that Terry Boss is the firmly the No. 2 behind Kasey Keller, according to goalkeepers coach Tom Dutra.
Let’s get to the
* * *
1. But not without a good stretch first, courtesy of Jeff Parke
2. Patrick Ianni ready for action
3. Jhon Kennedy Hurtado holds the ball during a fast-paced short scrimmage. See the clean-shaven Levesque (far left)?
4. More scrimmage action. The blue v. purple (above) and green v. orange games were tough to follow for color-blind me.
5. Taylor Graham (I believe that’s him) takes a shot with Leo Gonzalez in defense.