Not long after AEG chief Tim Leiweke spoke in length to the L.A. Times about the ongoing labor dispute, Sounders FC majority owner Joe Roth decided to talk too.
The result was this story, where Roth strongly criticized the idea of a strike, which he said could result in the end of Major League Soccer.
Today was a busy day at the Times for another reason too, as Seattle captain and goalkeeper Kasey Keller came to the office for a chat. Here’s the replay and here are some highlights.
Let’s get to some links:
- In case you didn’t see, the Sounders FC was nominated by an organization as a potential pro sports team of the year. Tod Leiweke also made an appearance in the nominations.
- Did you see Marcus Hahnemann is getting Sounders FC fever? He said he’s hoping to join MLS later on, and I’m sure Seattle is top of the list. Also, the team announced the rosters of some academy teams.
- In your daily Landon Donovan/David Beckham updates: Donovan is back in Galaxy training and Beckham had some injury reaction on his website.
- Lots of links from around the league: Chicago players said they’re ready to strike if need be, a former youth national team star Danny Szetela was waived by D.C. and Toronto FC sent Ali Gerba home from training.
- We continue: Brazilian midfielder Ze Roberto was again linked to MLS, be sure to read this story on D.C. goalkeeper Troy Perkins and his return to the league, also FC Dallas’ Steve Purdy was profiled.
- Did you see the New York Red Bulls opened training at the new stadium? Some video here.
- Also, we’re down to 10 teams in the UEFA Champions League as Inter Milan dispatched of Chelsea and CSKA Moscow knocked out Sevilla.
Before you go, help me determine which goalkeeping error was worse…
1. Don’t you hate it when they’re kicked right to you?
2. The sad and sorry attempt to handle a deflected cross.