It was a cold and dreary Wednesday morning until Miguel Montano started smiling and talking about how excited he is to be in Seattle. Then we had a nice little evening. Although it’s a shame the kid comes into the league during a labor dispute.
There were a couple guys who didn’t have the best day yesterday, as they are no longer in Sounders FC training. The opening-day roster, should we get to March 25, is just about set.
Anyways let’s get to the links, before some fans rough me up like this poor Portland fan:
- Latest on the CBA front is strike, should it happen, would be Monday. Also the owners in San Jose and Salt Lake have spoken out now. And some fans have a Facebook group in support of the players.
- Some Freddie Ljungberg links: one blog says he’s the Sounders FC X-factor this season and the Swede had some love for Wayne Rooney on his own blog.
- In MLS-versus-the-world news, Columbus lost in CCL action to Toluca, the Philadelphia Union will host Valencia and Robinho won’t play for Santos in New York’s big stadium blowout.
- Robbie Keane is the latest international to be linked to MLS. Ze Roberto played down coming to the league.
- San Jose passed a stadium measure with ease. That’s a positive.
- Did you hear P. Diddy — or Diddy, or whatever his name is — might be interested in buying Crystal Palace? Also Alicia Keys and Shakira will be doing some World Cup concert stuff.
- Lastly, Barcelona and Bordeaux advanced to the final eight of the UCL. That Messi is something, eh?
And here’s something to lift your spirits. Hopefully it doesn’t make things worse.
A First Kick 2010 promo.