Blaise Nkufo, the Swiss striker coming to Seattle in July, and Twente will play PSV tomorrow. You can watch him in action (if he plays) on ESPN360, which will be broadcasting the game at 11:45 a.m.
I’ve heard it’s free if you have Comcast or Verizon.
Thanks to Scott for passing along the tip.
- The Sounders FC held a intrasquad scrimmage Friday night, but didn’t want anyone to see (closed to the media and the public), but then had a report on the game with quotes.
- Philly’s Sebastien Le Toux had this comment on coming to Seattle for the opener: “Right now this is new for me, but I am excited to go back to Seattle,” Le Toux, 26, told the Daily News. “I am happy to play at Qwest Field, but I am playing to win for Philadelphia.”
- Check this out: the first annual Pacific Northwest supporters tournament.
- The Seattle Soccer Examiner had an update on FC Seattle in Sierra Leone. I know a couple of you took an interest to that story last time.
- Here are some other links: a Tim Howard Q&A at CNN.com, ESPN research whittled the World Cup field down to a winner, a blog offers that the CONCACAF Champions League could be a failure, David Beckham wrote a letter in support of Milan and, finally, FIFA is swimming in money.
Here’s a video clip of someone who doesn’t quite understand what the preseason is about. Hey Julian de Guzman, take it down a notch.