Today practice was about as intense a day as I’ve seen since covering the team. A lot of drills, a lot of coaching, a lot of energy.
The team started out doing a two-touch passing drill emphasizing quick movement of the ball, then some situational stuff that focused on crossing the ball in from the right wing, then they went into some short-field scrimmage work and wrapped things up with some finishing.
You could definitely get the feeling that the season was just a couple days away.
Oh, and the highlight of the day was a rocket shot from 20 yards by Stephen King into the upper 90 that drew cheers from the players and coaches.
* * *
1. Let’s put our pennies on and get to work! That’s Osvaldo Alonso there in yellow.
2. Jamel Wallace was back in training after spending time with Kitsap last week.
3. Asst. coach Ezra Hendrickson instructs the players during the two-touch drill
4. Another shot of the newcomer Miguel Montano, who is settling in nicely I think.
5. James Riley said he was very excited to be back with the boys in training.