Can Fredy and Freddie play together?
That’s the question I pose in the main Sounders FC story in Wednesday’s paper. Personally, I’m undecided. I think each is a phenomenal, phenomenal player, but watching them in training now for a month… I dunno, I think it can happen but I am still yet to see them click.
Some other bits we had were some inaugural power rankings and some (pre-compliance deadline) player bios.
Let’s get to some links:
- Here’s some good information on Philadelphia, including a projected starting lineup.
- In MLS stadium news, league commissioner Don Garber was very animated over the D.C. dealings (the team kind of responded here) and here’s an update on the goings on in Houston.
- Other links around the league: here’s a look at the waiver wire, one writer thinks it could be a breakout year for MLS and Garber’s teleconference all but said Montreal is franchise No. 19, with Atlanta being a possible No. 20.
- Finally, Sven Goran Eriksson is taking over the Ivory Coast national team, here’s a fun link on United teams around the world and, lastly, a look at Adidas’ new World Cup ball.
A couple videos to close it out. So which was worse?
1. This wedgie tackle with a kick to boot.
2. Zlatan’s finishing against Zaragoza (0:00, 0:50, 1:20)