I got off to a late start with the links tonight. Though if you’re looking for an apology, I direct you to the league website, MLSsoccer.com.
Here’s a snippet of the tech team’s apology for the recent troubles with the new site.
Following the launch and over the weekend, we have experienced a number of technology issues that significantly affected the performance of the site. We apologize for the impact these problems are having on our fans, and we are working quickly to correct them.
Good luck to them. I’ve been biting my tongue in print about my troubles with the new page.
Let’s get to the links:
- Here’s our story on Pat Noonan‘s arrival to Sounders FC camp. We also had some soccer coverage in the prep section, with some rankings (handled by someone other than me for the first time, good work Ron!) and a feature on a 6-foot-7 high-school goalkeeper.
- In other news related to Sounders FC, broadcaster Arlo White did some blogging and here’s a detailed look at that huge pregame banner in ECS land.
- Here’s a look at the group of this year’s MLS rookies. Also Getty Images and MLS have a new deal. And Chelsea is doing some work to build a soccer base in the U.S.
- Specifically with some players, ex-Fire goalkeeper Jon Busch could be headed to San Jose, and ex-Dynamo winger Stuart Holden signed on for some nice endorsements.
- Did you see that Manchester United could be making a summer tour that includes playing against the MLS all-stars? Seattle not on the itinerary.
- Finally some random bits. A fun look at the recent history of “back” passes. Here’s a writer that explores how the days of domination for some world powers might be ending. Another writer takes the same tone, but specifically in Argentina.
Goalkeepers only seem to get featured in videos if they make awful mistakes or score a goal. How about a guy getting some love for a nice save?
Here’s the best effort I’ve seen recently.