Saw most of the action tonight between four Western Conference teams. First, Houston came back from an early deficit at home to beat Real Salt Lake 2-1 behind a pair of Brad Davis penalty kicks. The goals came just minutes apart as RSL defender Jamison Olave committed both fouls in the box, not a good night for him.
The L.A. Galaxy owned the nightcap as Edson Buddle bagged a brace in a 2-0 Super Clasico win against Chivas USA. Buddle joined RSL’s Javier Morales — who also scored Thursday — a top the league leaderboard for goals (3).
Did you guys watch any of the action? Any thoughts on Seattle’s competition?
Let’s get to the links:
- MLS adding a second DP slot, and potentially a third, was the story of the day. In other DP news, here’s a wish list from the league site for every team but Dallas (why not FCD, who knows?) and another story grading the current DPs. Here’s a transcript of the league’s conference call today that I couldn’t listen too and, finally, did you know Portuguese vets Figo and Pauleta were on New England’s real wish-list for DPs?
- Some Sounders FC stuff: turns out Sanna Nyassi was robbed of a legitimate goal, the rookies got pranked of April Fools Day and that Grammatrain anthem for the team is available for purchase.
- Other MLS personnel stuff: the Indian Sunil Chhetri has officially signed with Kansas City and here’s a story on new D.C. defender Carey Talley.
- Some criticisms of the league: here’s a blasting of the new website and someone ponders why week two only has five games.
- Here’s your quarterfinal roundup from the Europa League.
More goals to enjoy. I think one is clearly better here, but you can decide for yourself.
1. The impressive strike from a corner kick.
2. The Brazilian goalie scoring on a free kick.