I don’t have much of a lead note for the roundup, but I wanted to pass along a link to a site (MLS Daily) that updates attendance numbers from around the league.
It’s definitely a cool place to check out throughout the season to see how much more or less than fans are coming to the games. And also to see which cities deserve praise or criticism for their support of the beautiful game.
Plus, it’s always great to see Seattle ranked No. 1 at something, right?
Let’s get to the links:
- Your Blaise Nkufo update: he scored again and FC Twente won. Maybe that’s salt in the wound after Saturday…
- A couple European players were linked to MLS moves again: Jens Lehmann and David Trezeguet. Nothing new, but always interesting.
- More DP talk was out there. Sounds like Toronto might be a big winner with the new rule and New England is going to be choosy with its approach.
- Other random MLS links: veteran forward Claudio Lopez signed with Colorado, here’s a chat with new K.C. player Sunil Chhetri and, finally, it sounds like chemistry is good in Dallas.
- You might be able to pick your seats with 3-D views of stadiums soon.
- Portland signs ex-MLS defender Steve Purdy. Someone that might stay on for next year?
- Lastly, a white supremacist group in South Africa issued a warning before the World Cup. Not the headline I’m sure many wanted to see.
I have a trio of videos for you today. You have to tell me which of these is the worst.
1. This ridiculous goalkeeper blunder. The celebration seemed a bit excessive too.
2. How about this? A player throwing a water bottle at someone in the stands…
3. This might get my vote. This has to be one of the worst free kicks I’ve ever seen.