It’s easy to talk to the media after game-winning goals and big wins. It’s not so easy to talk to the media after the man you’re marking scores in the game-tying goal to cost your team the win.
On Tuesday, Sounders FC midfielder Brad Evans talked about the RSL game. And this story is the result.
In some other teams news, I’ve heard that there will be some temporary bike racks at Qwest Field for Saturday’s game against Kansas City. More permanent ones are expected to be installed later. Also, a site takes a stab at the new look for a 3rd kit and the team site has a story on Tyrone Marshall getting credit for his goal.
On to some other links:
- Seattle’s next opponent, Kansas City, lost to Colorado in a U.S. Open Cup play-in game.
- Word is an MLS club — not New York — is trying to sign Robert Pires. It’s a deal that could be done by the summer transfer window. Could it be Seattle?
- Some league personnel moves: Scott Sealy is back with San Jose, that new Red Bulls signing had his work permit denied and Toronto FC brought in a couple new defenders.
- FC Dallas’ Eric Avila defends his handball and D.C.’s Jaime Moreno also had an illegal goal.
- Here’s a story about potential USMNT star Michael Bradley.
- Some notes from Houston: the team has agreed to terms with Joseph Ngwenya and there was positive news on the new stadium front.
- Lastly, Columbus’ Danny O’Rourke was fined for an obscene gesture towards officials, the American Idol dude has left David Beckham‘s camp and here’s a watch on MLS rookies.
For the videos o’ the day: some fun features regularly-seen on English TV.
First off some comedy: 2 good, 2 bad
Secondly some skill: Showboat