There were three groups in training today. A lot of small field scrimmage work was done — seemed like linking of passes and movement were the keys. The group of players that wasn’t scrimmaging worked on a passing accuracy drill on the side.
The highlight of the day might have been coach Sigi Schmid and a couple members of the staff doing a crossbar challenge.
Here are some pictures:
* * *
1. David Estrada holds up the ball in a scrimmage. (Graham, left, and King also pictured)
2. Here’s my view of the small side scrimmage. Just not as blurry.
3. A penny for your thoughts young Miguel Montano.
4. Here’s part of the formation in the passing drill on the side. (From left: Scott, Graham, Estrada)
5. Sanna Nyassi collects the ball and send a pass off to a teammate in the drill.
6. Stephen King does some extra shooting work with Brian Schmetzer.