To the news and notes:
- First off, my story on Steve Zakuani becoming a goal-scoring threat, also some MLS power rankings, here are some pictures of FC Twente and captain Blaise Nkufo celebrating their Dutch Eredivisie title and, finally, the team site caught up with Chris Henderson to talk about some CONCACAF Champions League.
- In some MLS news: the players union ratified the new collective-bargaining agreement (with some dissentors), here’s a site that compared league attendances around the world and also MLS doled out some suspensions.
- Former UW Husky Ty Harden got pretty severely injured while scoring a goal and Barcelona’s big boss admitted Thierry Henry could be on his way out this summer.
- Here’s a list of the top 10 Americans in Europe, Charlie Davies was involved with some malicious rumors spread on FIFA.com and Ives G. guesses what the USMNT World Cup roster will look like.
- Lastly, it sounds like South Africa’s homeless are being moved before the bright lights and TV cameras of this summer’s big event show up and there was another Sepp Blatter hint that a European country will get the 2018 World Cup.
Here are some videos of a couple of the best goals I’ve seen recently.
1. Beat a defender, nutmeg another, fire a rocket past the keeper, nothing but net.
2. This little ninja, scissors-kick goal seemed to come out of nowhere.