The announcement is going to come at 7 a.m. Pacific Time on Friday morning, so let’s get this post up for discussion before that so we can sleep in. What do you think of adding Montreal to the league in 2012?
The ownership group, the fan support, the stadium. Is it all there to your liking? It is for me. You want cities that will embrace their team and the Canadian clubs have done well so far: Toronto is profitable and it sounds like Vancouver is on the same path.
The Impact get 10K a game for those USSF D2 Pro League matches. That’s higher than what, three teams in MLS right now?
On to the other links:
- In Sounders FC news: here’s my story looking at Fredy Montero‘s many shots but few goals, also the team insiders had another roundtable and there’s a new forum to discuss the Women’s team.
- Around the league: Manchester United will play the league all-stars on July 28, here’s a roundup of Wednesday’s games if you missed ’em and old man Pat Onstad, the Houston Dynamo goalkeeper, set a record.
- Here’s a good story on the ultimate El Tri fans.
- Some USMNT related links: here’s a story on Giuseppe Rossi (the one that got away), DMB would take a pay cut to stay at Rangers, Brad Friedel isn’t thinking about retirement yet and here’s another crack at guessing the USMNT 23-man World Cup roster.
- Elsewhere worldwide, Franck Ribery‘s suspension in the UEFA Champions League final was upheld and Tottenham beat Man. City the other day to clinch a top-four EPL finish and a UCL berth.
Some video entertainment to close it out, entertaining moments with coaches is the theme.
1. Jose Mourinho tries to get a second look at an offside call in a nearby TV monitor.
2. Harry Redknapp tried to get through a postgame interview before being interrupted.