Tuesday was a big day around the soccer world. Lots of 30-man rosters — and a couple 23-man lineups — were announced by national team coaches. There were also lots of big names not called up for the biggest tournament in the world. Here’s a good roundup for all the countries.
No Ronaldinho and Pato for Brazil. France said ‘no thanks’ to Karim Benzema and Patrick Vieira. No Juan Roman Riquelme for Argentina, Zanetti and Cambiasso were left out by Maradona too. Totti didn’t get the call for Italy.
Are you a little disappointed some of the recognizable names won’t be there? Or are you like me, and won’t care once the games get going?
- Check this link out if you want to be in Grammatrain’s new music video for the Sounders anthem.
- Stateside, Scottish club Rangers has dropped its U.S. tour (and also won’t bring back American star DaMarcus Beasley). But as one star leaves Europe, it sounds like another will take his place — RSL forward Robbie Findley.
- Sounds like there could be some tweaking to the CONCACAF World Cup qualifying.
- Around the world, Blaise Nkufo‘s ex-coach Steve McClaren has taken over at Wolfsburg, there’s talk that La Liga could split from its second division and FIFA has suspended El Salvador for some shady dealings.
- Congrats to Chelsea for closing out the English Premier League title. I picked the Blues preseason to win it.
Here’s your video entertainment.
1. The Showboat feature that never fails to entertain you guys.
2. You also can’t go wrong with World Cup promos. I love ’em all.