Believe it or not, we had sunny skies at training this morning. Enough to head to the office a couple shades darker than yesterday. The guys did some fitness work at the early part of practice (except for Fucito and Vagenas).
Then the team split into small groups for scrimmage work. Then they scrimmaged on a short field and finally wrapped up with some finishing.
Some highlights: Tyson Wahl chesting a ball down and firing a volley (or half volley) into the upper 90 from 20+ yards. Also the guys denting the crossbar in finishing work: Fredy Montero (2x), David Estrada and Pat Noonan.
Let’s get to it.
* * *
1. Sanna Nyassi sprints after a ball during some scrimmage work.
2. Brad Evans, who didn’t do much Tuesday, was back at it and calls for the ball.
3. Nate Jaqua wasn’t in full training yet, but here he juggles a bit.
4. Osvaldo Alonso is back in action. Sigi Schmid said his progress was surprisingly good.
5. More scrimmage work. Spirits were definitely high today after the big win in New York.