Jeff Parke is finally a Sounder. It’s taken about 19 months or so, but he’s signed, sealed and delivered — something I focused on in my story in today’s paper.
The 28 year old is a bit polarizing. Some fans love him. Some hate him. It will be interesting to track how this thing goes, especially in regards to team chemistry.
But let’s see where you sit with the move…
Let’s get to some other links:
- In some other local bits: here are my power rankings for the week, here’s a writer you surely know taking in some soccer in Siena and an early look at the Heritage Cup.
- Sir Alex Ferguson took questions from American reporters the other day. He said he thinks the U.S. will do well at the World Cup and Thierry Henry will be a success in MLS.
- In other bits around the league: apparently there are MLS trading cards now? Also, Henry played down the MLS talk, Columbus’ Schelotto was fined and suspended for a flying elbow, Stern John might be coming back to the league and here’s the early-week MLS injury report.
- Word is Landon Donovan is more focused after his divorce. Fellow USMNT player Jozy Altidore earned lots of ink yesterday, with stories on his potential, his baggage and also another Q&A.
- Around the world: Jose Mourinho says the Champions League final is bigger than the World Cup, W.C. fans have been asked to save electricity, don’t try to feign on your PK attempts in South Africa, did Iraqi official foil a W.C. terrorist plot? And Michael Ballack has threatened legal action over the foul that knocked him out of the tournament.
And your video entertainment this morning…
1. Here’s my favorite goal of the week. Fabulous two-part effort.
2. Here’s my favorite tantrum of the week. These are just as good as goals!