I’m just about to head off to training, I’d been meaning to post these earlier, but I’m sure you know how that goes sometimes:
- Here’s my Sounders notebook in today’s paper, which leads with Sanna Nyassi and the great game he had in New York. Also, here’s a final reminder for our live chat with Steve Zakuani at 3 p.m. today. Be sure to come with your questions.
- Some friendlies were played yesterday: Benfica of Portugal hammered New England 4-0, and France’s PSG beat Chicago 1-0. The Fire are apparently interested in potentially signing one of its opponents from last night. Also Toronto and Vancouver played to a 0-0 draw in the NCC.
- In other MLS notes: Philadelphia has capped season-ticket sales at 12K, that’s not bad at all. Joseph Ngwenya has finally rejoined Houston, and Iranian star Ali Karimi and MLS have mutual interest.
- Robert Pires apparently had some interview in French where he said Philadelphia isn’t a beautiful city and he probably won’t want to go here. He also dropped a New York hint or two.
- On the USMNT front, it sounds like Bob Bradley will make some roster decisions after the Czech Republic friendly.
- Lastly around the world, Argentina has it’s 23-man World Cup roster as selected by Maradona, Patrice Evra thinks France has the best players in the world and Barcelona signed forward David Villa — the rich get richer.
A couple dirty tackles for your video entertainment, because sometimes they are just as fun.
1. Ever see a player’s studs get caught in the other guy’s laces. Brutal.
2. Why friendlies are never friendly. That’s a savage tackle from behind.