Wrapping up a long week of training before Saturday’s home match against San Jose. Let’s get to the links:
- Here’s my story on the versatile Brad Evans, whose ability to play anywhere has kept him from becoming an established center midfielder.
- There were a couple league games last night. Columbus — without the suspended Guillermo Barros Schelotto — went on the road and beat New York 3-1, though the Red Bulls hit the post three times. Los Angeles was similarly without its stars Landon Donovan and Edson Buddle, but beat FC Dallas 1-0 on the road. The Galaxy have double the points of the nearest competitor in the Western Conference.
- In your USMNT news: Oguchi Onyewu talked about his road to recovery and here’s a Q&A with ex-Sounder Brian Ching.
- In could-be USMNT news, Giuseppe Rossi could be headed to England or Italy for next season. In the meantime, ESPN talked to the league website about a potentially controversial magazine cover of the young kid.
A couple advertisements for your video entertainment.
1. First, another Nike epic with cameos galore. This World Cup spot is so good it doesn’t even need sound (feel free to watch it at work).
2. Second, an off-the-wall little Pringles ad. Or should I say Pringoals? Oh man…