Here’s my story on Sounders FC defender Jhon Kennedy Hurtado potentially being out for the season with a torn ACL in his left knee. There’s a little hope that he could make it back for the playoffs, but we’ll have to see.
I wanted to see where you stood on how this affects the team. The players, coaches and management seem confident that they have the pieces to replace the Colombian. What do you think?
Let’s get to some other links:
- The Boca Juniors friendly is just around in the corner. MLS teams did pretty well on Sunday as New York beat Juventus 3-1 and L.A. beat the previously mentioned club from Argentina 1-0.
- If you haven’t seen the highlights of the MLS action last week, check ’em out here.
- In other bits around the league: MLS will be training teams on selling tickets (or something like that), here’s a Q&A with a league exec. and Inter Milan has released a U.S. tour.
- Some USMNT bits: VP Joe Biden, not Mr. Obama, will be traveling to South Africa, NBA legend Bill Russell (who has some Seattle-area ties) was at Princeton camp today, forward Herculez Gomez has signed with Pachuca and defender Carlos Bocanegra talked about recovering from injury.
- Also the USWNT beat Germany 4-0.
- Worldwide, here’s a good roundup of international friendlies from Monday. England took down Mexico 3-1, Argentina clobbered 5-0 and Portugal couldn’t get by the Cape Verde Islands team. Also, Inter Milan coach Jose Mourinho is apparently thisclose to joining Real Madrid. And finally Maradona said Messi is better than he ever was.
Some video entertainment as always for you.
1. Now this is how you score a penalty kick (well, if you miss the initial attempt at least)
2. And this is how you deal with time-wasters at the end of a match.