Looked like a workmanlike training session on Thursday. When I showed up the team did some small-side scrimmage work, then into a full-field 11v11 and some finishing to close it up.
This was the first practice for Michael Seamon as a signed, professional soccer player. Nate Jaqua and Peter Vagenas were doing some fitness work on the side, and appeared to be running pretty hard.
After practice we were told Michael Fucito indeed underwent surgery on Tuesday to repair his injured knee. There’s no timetable on his return, so that will be a wait and see.
Let’s get to the shots:
* * *
1. Here’s another look at the Freddie Ljungberg mohawk. Time for a change, he said.
2. Here’s the recently-signed Michael Seamon. I’ll have a stop and chat up with him later.
3. Seamon here waits for the ball to be played in a finishing drill.
4. Here are a couple of the providers, Miguel Montano (L) and David Estrada on the right side.
5. Sanna Nyassi, who will be going up against twin brother Sainey on Sat., jogs back in line.