Rain jackets were out in the early morning as Sounders FC held its first training session of the week at its home field. A lot of the players that saw extensive action against Portland were doing some light regeneration work on the side.
On the injury front, it looked like Brad Evans wasn’t able to do much and could be out a while longer. Osvaldo Alonso was working with a trainer on the side. Nate Jaqua did a lot of work on his own.
The midweek triumph in the Open Cup was surely a welcome distraction after a Sunday loss at Philadelphia, which was the Sounders’ seventh of the season — already matching last year’s total.
* * *
1. The team did a competitive finishing drill midway through training. Here’s the orange team. (Hopefully that’s orange, colorblindness does get to me with these things)
2. And here’s the blue team.
3. The light regeneration work from the USOC players = a little 5 v 2.
4. Coach Schmid watches some drills on the far side of the field.
5. Kasey Keller had a light day of regen work as well. Thinking about the two PK saves?
6. Jhon Kennedy Hurtado is still all smiles despite rehabbing a knee injury.