It was a lovely summer day down in Tukwila. The Sounders had another intense day of training — by design according to coach Sigi Schmid since the team will take Thursday off.
Freddie Ljungberg was not around, but everybody else was. Brad Evans (knee), Nate Jaqua (groin), Michael Fucito (knee), Tyrone Marshall (hamstring) and Jhon Kennedy Hurtado (ACL) were all doing work on the side.
Lots of drills again, including small-side scrimmaging and short-field games. I thought Steve Zakuani and Terry Boss had some nice moments out there. Blaise Nkufo provided a great goal right at the end.
Let’s get to the shots:
* * *
1. Asst. coach Ezra Hendrickson gives some instructions to the guys.
2. Getting back to full fitness? Just like riding a bike.
3. Here’s a close-up look at invitee defender Jalil Anibaba.
4. Here’s the other invitee Andy Rose, in action with Nkufo.
5. Tyrone Marshall and Brad Evans do some individual work on the side.