Hard to believe the team is one day away from a game already, but such is the crowded schedule this week. As a result, photography was limited to the final minutes of practice and there was no player availability.
Guys not at training (none really a huge surprise): all-star Freddie Ljungberg, Alvaro Fernandez, Jalil Anibaba, Andy Rose, Adrian Hanauer and Chris Henderson. The two invitees are no longer around. The latter two are attending league meetings in Houston during this all-star week.
Preparation wasn’t too intense out there and Sigi Schmid certainly to has to manage the fitness of his side. It will be interesting to see what lineup takes the field Wednesday night: an MLS game lineup, a U.S. Open Cup lineup or something in between.
On a sunny day at Starfire, however, there was just one important questions: sleeves or sleeveless…?
* * *
1. Pat Ianni here shows off the guns in the sleeveless training top. Brad Evans goes the other way.
2. Here the contrast in fullbacks: with Zach Scott wearing sleeves and James Riley opting out.
3. You just know Pete Vagenas would go sleeveless as he chats it up with all-star Kasey Keller.
4. Mike Fucito also evening out the tan lines out there as he does some drills on his own.
5. Terry Boss gets up after making the save. Do you think he starts on Wednesday or Keller?