I missed the memo and showed up to training a tad late today, as such it took a second to get acclimated to who was playing and who wasn’t. Jeff Parke trained on the side as he continues to recover from a head injury, but coach Sigi Schmid said the defender felt good and should be available Sunday. Steve Zakuani also had a light day after experiencing general soreness, but should also be fine for the Dynamo match.
Others limited in training were the guys on injured reserve: Jhon Kennedy Hurtado, Michael Fucito, Peter Vagenas (not David Estrada, he’s fine). Brad Evans and Pat Noonan also didn’t participate in full. I’ll try to get more injury information tomorrow.
There were quite a few people on hand today, including ex-Sounder great Pepe Fernandez — who spoke after training with countrymate Alvaro Fernandez — and a young female fan, Kasey Keller, there to meet the Seattle goalkeeper. Also a couple groups of kids were there to have a soccer camp and get autographs.
Let’s get to the shots:
* * *
1. Alvaro Fernandez will finally make his home debut on Sunday against the Dynamo.
2. Blaise Nkufo, still seeking his first goal with Seattle, had a nifty backheel shot here.
3. Looks like David Estrada got a haircut as he serves in a ball from the left flank.
4. The goalscorers have been doing their job. Seattle hasn’t been shut out since May.
5. Jhon Kennedy Hurtado and Brad Evans head over to give autographs to some eager kids.