The final training session before the Chivas USA game was predictably light and got over early. The biggest thing of note was Steve Zakuani training on the side and we found out after practice that he has been ruled out of Saturday’s game with “general soreness.”
In other news, Brad Evans was placed on the disabled list due to his knee injury. He hasn’t been active in recent training sessions. Also, Mike Fucito was taken off the IR and is immediately eligible to play (though I don’t see it happening tomorrow).
Today also marked the end of John Rooney’s trial here in Seattle. He now heads down to Portland.
Let’s get to some of the shots:
* * *
1. A general practice scene toward the end of training. Pete Vagenas does some individual work.
2. He’s on the far field, but here you see DP Alvaro Fernandez trying his hand as a goalkeeper.
3. Another general scene from training. Cameras were open to the final drills and such.
4. Nathan Sturgis here with set-piece practice. His brother Caleb is a kicker for the Florida Gators.
5. Here’s Hurtado doing work. Schmid has said his chances of playing in 2010 are remote.