The start of a new week. And how do you follow up what happened last week? We’ll see.
In fact, coach Sigi Schmid said that last week might have been the best in franchise history — by winning the U.S. Open Cup and clinching a playoff berth. Certainly not bad at all. But with work still to be done the guys were back at the Starfire Sports Complex. The starters had a regeneration day while the reserves and invitees did a full session.
Invitee defender Akeem Adams is still around and mistakenly took out Brad Evans in a scrimmage, probably not a guy you want to go hard into a tackle with as his knee continues to heal. Schmid said more on Evans’ future will be known soon. Pat Noonan also watched and Jhon Kennedy Hurtado continued to do work on the side.
In preparation for tomorrow’s friendly against Chivas de Guadalajara, I would expect to see a second-team lineup take the field. Here are some of today’s shots:
* * *
1. The general scene today in training: regen work in the back and other drills in the forefront.
2. Flaco seems to like playing goalie every now and then at the end of the day. Also, he got a Gatorade shower after training in celebration of his 25th birthday.
3. Pat Noonan and Kasey Keller have a chat while they watch some of the action.
4. Some general stuff, but there’s Adams on the far right in the orange if you wanted a look.
5. More free kick practice. Both Mike Fucito and Mike Seamon are awfully good at it now.