Unfortunately the weather hasn’t much cooperated this week in training. As such, photo opportunities have been limited. The shots in this post will be a small compilation of action Monday and Thursday (when we weren’t in monsoon-like conditions). Tuesday was too miserable to even try.
Backup goalkeeper Terry Boss took it easy the first couple days of the week and league goalkeeper Kevin Guppy has been around to train. I think I saw Jordan Jennings here also. Monday was a fairly light regen day for the starters, but Tuesday and Thursday were pretty intense sessions. You can definitely tell things have ramped up for postseason.
Montero and Flaco each took some time off this week to rest knocks, but both should be fine. Pat Noonan is no longer using crutches, which is certainly a positive sign in his rehab. Brad Evans is on hand everyday to watch but continues to stay out of the mix and Jhon Kennedy Hurtado, as always, does his work on the side.
* * *
1. On Monday, Fredy Montero trained to the side with Dave Tenney. He was back in action today.
2. Blaise Nkufo and Steve Zakuani have made extra finishing work as habit these days.
3. Adrian Hanauer surveys the action. Making a call. Maybe for a Halloween outfit Sunday.
4. Lots of intense scrimmage work this week. This was taken Monday though, of the reserves.
5. The young’uns always have to bring the gear in at the end of training.