Not a bad day down in Tukwila today. A little chilly, but no rain, which was nice. My roll call showed everyone was present and accounted for (plus one in academy goalkeeper Ryan Herman). A lot of guys appeared to be showing good progress on the road to recovery.
The only two players training to the side were Mike Fucito and Pat Noonan, both with adductor issues. Steve Zakuani, Brad Evans, Nate Jaqua and Mike Seamon all appeared to be training in full. Though coach Sigi Schmid said how their bodies recover Wednesday will be important in determining whether they can play Friday.
After a couple days off the guys did fitness drills to start the day. Then some small-side scrimmaging and, as you might expect, some finishing at the end. Once training was over some of the guys stuck behind to try and kick a ball into a car’s open sunroof. All much trial and error I believe Miguel Montano got it done. Don’t think he won the car though. Let’s get to the shots:
* * *
1. A typical scene from a scrimmage. The goals are brought in close to keep the action going.
2. Here are the guys off the side. Remember Noonan has his option coming up next week.
3. Early on the goalkeepers were working to the side. Keller with the save as Boss looks on.
4. Steve Zakuani (on the ball) was back in action after resting over the weekend.
5. A group of reporters got to catch up with Mauro Rosales after training. Cool guy.
6. Here’s a look at the 6-foot-8 Ryan Herman. Hard not to miss that guy.
7. Alonso marks up Estrada as Keller barks some instructions.