A bit late, but I’ve been making all my final preparations for a weekend trip to Colorado. That’s four road trips in a row for me and I’m really starting to respect the weekly grind the players put in over a long season.
The weather has been nice to the Sounders this week and the training has looked sharp. Tuesday looked to be an especially competitive day. Seattle’s injury report is almost non-existent, so the action has been essentially at full strength. Pat Noonan has been the only one I’ve seen training a bit to the side this week, but he’s still done a good amount of work.
Let’s get to some shots of the team’s last practice before its flight to Denver.
* * *
1. Looks like a little soccer-tennis action was going on before I got there.
2. Here’s a look at some small-side, short-field scrimmage work.
3. Here I try to get a shot of Terry Boss, the camera focuses on the foreground, and I call it art.
4. Fredy Montero (listed at 5-foot-9) chats with academy goalkeeper Ryan Herman (6-foot-7).
5. Patrick Ianni getting in a stretch before the flight.