* * *
Highlights and notes courtesy of U.S. Soccer…
- Overall, the U.S. is 1-23-2 all-time in Mexico.
- The U.S. has yet to post a win in Mexico during World Cup Qualifying, holding a 0-13-2 record heading into Tuesday’s game. The only other tie, another 0-0 result, came on Nov. 2,1997.
- The U.S. is 1-8-2 in Estadio Azteca, including a 0-5-2 record in World Cup Qualifying.
- The U.S. is 16-32-13 all-time in international competition against Mexico, home and away, and 5-15-6 in World Cup Qualifying. The USA’s 61 previous meetings against Mexico are the most against any country in U.S. Soccer’s history.
- Since 2000, the USA has posted an 11-5-4 record against Mexico.
Currently carrying a yellow card (the next results in suspension): Michael Bradley, Clint Dempsey, Maurice Edu, Fabian Johnson, Graham Zusi, DaMarcus Beasley, Matt Besler, Brad Davis.
- Mexico is 68-1-7 in home World Cup Qualifying matches, with the only loss coming against Costa Rica in 2001.
- Mexico is in the midst of a 26-game home unbeaten streak (17 straight at Estadio Azteca) in qualifying matches.
- 5: Career World Cup Qualifying shutouts for Brad Guzan (in seven games, 4-1-2 record)
- 99: Career caps for Beasley to lead the roster (he would be the 13th in federation history to get 100)
- 1: Player who has started all four USMNT games this year (Omar Gonzalez)