Here are some notable notes ahead of tonight’s Sounders-Vancouver Whitecaps clash at CenturyLink Field.
- With a draw, the Sounders will clinch their first Cascadia Cup since 2011. Vancouver, the current holders, need a win to retain the trophy.
- Jair Marrufo is the match referee, with Frank Anderson and Jeff Hosking his assistants and Alejandro Mariscal the fourth official.
- Seattle’s Brad Evans will pick up a suspension with his next yellow card, but Vancouver has far more players at risk — Jordan Harvey, Pedro Morales, Russell Teibert and Kendall Waston — and will be without forward Sebastian Fernandez due to his own yellow-card suspension.
- The Sounders broke the club record with their 19th win of the season in Colorado last weekend and can become the first (and only) MLS team since the 1998 L.A. Galaxy to reach 20.
- Dating back to the North American North League and through the A-League and USL First Division years, these clubs have faced of 134 times, with Seattle holding a 63-49-22 edge.
And here are the lineups for both teams, as Zach Scott and Gonzalo Pineda remain on the Sounders bench as they work back from injury:
— Sounders Matchday (@LIVESounders) October 11, 2014
#VWFC XI: 1.Ousted, 2.Harvey, 4.Waston, 15.Laba, 19.Hurtado, 23.Manneh, 30.Rosales, 31.Teibert, 33.Beitashour, 40.O’Brien, 77.Morales
— Whitecaps In Match (@WhitecapsMatch) October 11, 2014
Kickoff will televised nationally on NBC Sports Network, with kickoff slated at 7:23 p.m.