Here are the notable notes for today’s big Sounders-Galaxy match at CenturyLink Field:
- Mark Geiger, who became the first American to ever referee a World Cup knockout stage match this summer in Brazil, is today’s match referee. Sean Hurd and Ian Anderson are his assistants, and Drew Fischer is the fourth official.
- With both teams level on 61 points and Seattle holding the head-to-head tiebreaker of total wins (19 to 17), the Sounders need only a draw to clinch the Supporters’ Shield regular season title. The Galaxy have to win to take top spot.
- As yellow card accumulation resets at the end of the regular season, no players are on suspension watch today.
- After last weekend’s 2-2 draw at the StubHub Center, L.A. still leads the all-time series between the clubs 6-3-5.
- Home-field advantage throughout the playoffs is also on stake today, as is the right to host MLS Cup, if either Seattle or L.A. gets there — D.C. United, the first-place team in the Eastern Conference, is on 58 points heading into its regular-season finale.
And here are the lineups for both teams, with the Sounders fielding the same starting XI as last weekend and the Galaxy going without Robbie Keane:
— Sounders Matchday (@LIVESounders) October 25, 2014
— LA Galaxy (@LAGalaxy) October 25, 2014
Kickoff is scheduled for noon sharp and will be televised nationally on NBC.