Here are the notable notes for the first leg of the Western Conference final between the Sounders and Galaxy today at the StubHub Center:
- The match referee is Kevin Stott, his assistants are Adam Wienckowski and Greg Barkley and Ricardo Salazar is the fourth referee.
- Galaxy players Landon Donovan, Omar Gonzalez and Robbie Rogers will be suspended with their next yellow card, while Seattle’s Leo Gonzalez is also on a warning.
- The teams split the regular-season series down the middle: A win apiece and a draw — but the Sounders’ lone victory clinched the Supporters’ Shield on the final weekend of the year.
- L.A. leads the all-time series 6-4-3, has a 3-1 edge in postseason wins and has won each of the clubs’ previous playoff series.
- The Sounders broke regular-season club records in points (64), wins (20), goals (65), home wins (12), assists (65), shots (470) and shots on goal (187).
And here are the lineups for both teams, with Ozzie Alonso out with injury and Lamar Neagle dealing with a family matter:
— Sounders Matchday (@LIVESounders) November 23, 2014
— LA Galaxy (@LAGalaxy) November 23, 2014
The match will be televised nationally on ESPN, with the start time at 2:09 p.m. PST sharp.